Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Raising Children

Whenever i recall how my mum disciplined us when we were young, i told myself that i'm not going to do it "her" way...don't get me wrong coz i'm thankful for my mum for being so super duper strict with us those days (otherwise i won't be what i am today)...it's just that i feel that it doesn't work with the kids now...i'm a mother to 3 children and i have my own set of ideology and ways to bring up my kids...in another word, i want it to do it my own way....motherhood is something that i embraced naturally...yes, it's tough but the returns that you get is un-measurable...

I want to be a friend to my kids...not just a parent figure...i want to be able to earn their respect and trust...showing affection openly like hugging and kissing is something that i encourages as well...but of course in the midst of this, i will have to be firm when i comes to disciplining them...mum doesn't imposed her ideas nor does she intervene when she sees me discipline the kids...instead, she will offer constructive advises and encouragement...

i hate those people who only knows how to give destructive comments and think that their parenting skills are the best...esp those who commented how i discipline Qiqi...c'mon loh...Qi is staying under my roof and hub entrusted her in my care...even though Qi is my step-daughter, she is not having any lesser affection as compared to my 2Ds...my whole entire family accepted her and also made sure that she has whatever the 2 other kiddos have...seriously, i dun have to be accountable to those ppl...to those ppl, i can only say to them that jealously kills...maybe they are jealous of my happy family...yeah...that must be the reason...please loh...take those comments of yours elsewhere...you think so easy meh...dun talk so much...if you are in my shoes, i wonder will you be able to treat and give your step-child like how i did...i truly doubt so...so to hub: not say i want to say much...just wanna let you know that not many gals would want to be in my shoes...but since i'm in...i will n is trying my best...u judge for yourself :)

2 comments:

Samantha Hong said...

I totally agree with you! Its always easy for outsiders/3rd parties to make remarks (often unneccessary!), but when come to doing it or accepting it, NOT MANY people can handle/willing to handle/will handle. Easier said than done. We see how you take care of the 3 kids (Qi, Mien & Deb) with affection, seasonal gifts (always branded hor! hehe), etc etc.. Of course discipline have to come in too, so as to strike a balance. And you have balanced it well. So, don't worry about those comments/remarks, we all know (your family) that you have done your best. And i think thats all it matters.

Unknown said...

Me "3" absolutely agree..

YOu have been doing great!!

Do u might to have a goddaughter? I want to volunteer...

Pls pls pls

Have a wonderful long hoilday in ahead to all the reader....